Additional Services
Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

Two men in a Truck quoted me 3hrs for a move & over charged me. They charged me over double the rate.

Took money off my credit card without my consent On August 1st I had hired Two men & a truck movers. Prior to the movers showing up I had been quoted 3hrs for my move which included no large furniture besides i queen size bed. 1 tv, tv stand, coffee table and some boxes. I had made it very clear to the receptionist while booking how many items I had (no sofa, no table).

She was informed the movers would be moving me out of a 1 bedroom which included 6 steps into another 1 bedroom (15 minutes away) on the 4th floor (no elevator). The receptionist knew all details at quoted me 3hrs. Based on the quote I hired the company. When the movers arrived they were very slow, the one mover was wasting time in the truck playing with his phone while I took all the small items outside.

After 1.5hrs I called a taxi to meet the movers at my new apartment. There were 5 items left in my apartment. After 1 hr of not showing up at my new apartment I called to complain to the receptionist. She told me they were on their way.

It took another 30mins after the call for the movers to arrive. As they arrived my landlord helped bring in items with me & my neighbor watched. Well over the quote I knew something was not right so I started to take photos of my items in the truck showing how little of stuff I had to move. I have been with different companies who had charged me 1/2 the amount and I had more items so I knew something was not right and I expressed this to the movers.

They were not concerned at all. When they asked for the money I withdrew $400 to give to them, I told them that was more was then the 3hr quote and I know they are trying to rip me off. The proceeded to yell at me then left. August 2nd I went to use my credit card and noticed it did not work because there was no money in it.

The movers had taken out $766 with out my consent or knowledge. I did not sign any papers or contracts. I did not give consent for any money to be taken off my credit card. I had spoken to the receptionist again the same day to express my concern for what they did and she made excuses.

Said a manager would call me but never did. I Also told them about damages to my items and they never compensated me for the items that were broken. August 2nd I have filed a dispute through my credit card company due to the transaction I did not give permission. I have 2 witnesses who saw what had happened, spoke to my lawyer and made sure I took photos of damages, how many items I had and the contract that was never signed by me.

I would like to be refunded as well as compensated for my broken items. I am prepared to take this company to small claims court if need be

Review about: Two Men And A Truck Moving Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

Phoenix, Arizona, United States #1356990

I used Two Men and a Truck and they were awesome went over 15mins they only charge the 15mins not a whole hour. Also they don't start charging till they arrive unlike most moving companies so if they get in traffic no worries.