Good Morning Jake, This is the third attempt within last week to reach you since filling damage jake.whitt@twomen.com Subject: FW: TMT ESIGN ILLINOIS DAMAGE CLAIM FORM 092817 between Jake Whitt, Jake Whitt and lerisa wilkins is Signed and TMT ESIGN ILLINOIS DAMAGE CLAIM FORM 092817 between Jake Whitt, Jake Whitt Signed and Filed! Two Men & a Truck was hired for a small move estimated under 4 hrs on June 15th, 2018.

Movers arrived around 10 am. The two young men looked under age of 20, one looked about 18. I asked the older one how long had he been in this line of business and he stated two years and would take care with my furniture. Well the move started and he took a picture of my bed and called his Manager.

After call, he insisted for a lesser waiver to be signed on my bed due to make up of my bed. The move started and from the beginning the move went wrong. One of the big post to my bed went crashing down on to a glass desk next to my bed. The desk scattered due to not securing the post.

The move gets worse as the younger gentleman was getting tired and both very careless with my furniture.They began dropping and damaging several pieces of big items. The bed has noticeable scratches throughout entire bed. The couch in which was double wrapped was scrapped so bad the plastic was ripped right down to the couch. My brand new couch is completed destroyed.

My dining room table was drop. We counted 5 major pieces completed destroyed. To top it off what should have taken less than 4 hours took 8.25 hours. So, at the end of the job(Move) he presents me with a new estimate totaling $1125.

This is clearly insane. First they send to guys clearly not up for the job. I expressed my concerns to (Jordan) and he stated he was sorry. The other mover (Sean) had been with the company for two weeks and he was not sure why he was put on the job.

He stated he could not hold or grip the furniture. Which why furniture was damaged and took extra time. Numerous times during the move, they had to stop so instructions could be given on guiding furniture in. Thus furniture being dropped and damage.

I called to report issues with office on Monday June 17 and spoke to (Vernon) who file a damage claim and billing dispute. Also contacted Two Men & a Truck Corporate offices and spoke to Charlie but and yet to hear from local office. An email was received from Juan from billing in regards to balance and stated they are not perfect. On June 26, the attached damage claim was sent to the attention of Jake Whitt.

Yet to hear a response to claim. My belongings are very important .

Product or Service Mentioned: Two Men And A Truck Moving Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

I had nearly an identical issue with Jake Whitt. He and Two Men ripped me off for nearly $5000 on a job estimated to be less than $1000 then refused to respond to communications - then magically appeared to say I'm past time to file a claim. Good thing Illinois statue does not support his position, just unfortunate this place is so sketchy they prefer to have law suits filed rather than do what is right.

two men and a truck are fly by night company never use them fake temp employes